Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: NERV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of product candidates to treat central nervous system (CNS) diseases. Our goal is to transform the lives of patients with improved therapeutic options. Leveraging extensive domain expertise, we have identified and acquired or in-licensed development-stage proprietary compounds with what we believe are innovative mechanisms of action. Our executive management team and Board of Directors include globally recognized specialists in central nervous system diseases and clinical development.
Our strategy is based on the following key principles:
- Identify, acquire and develop differentiated products with innovative mechanisms of action based on biological and clinical insights into the unmet needs of patients;
- Leverage the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled data from completed trials to advance the clinical development of our product candidates in multiple regulatory jurisdictions;
- Prepare for the commercialization of our lead product, roluperidone, which will potentially be the first product approved to treat negative symptoms in patients with schizophrenia in the U.S. and, in the longer term as a potential treatment for other neuro-degenerative brain disorders in which negative symptoms represent a significant debilitating, unmet need;
- Selectively explore collaborations with leading pharmaceutical companies to maximize the value of our current programs, particularly in connection with our pivotal clinical trials and subsequent regulatory review, approval and commercialization;
- Apply our management team’s expertise and current intellectual property portfolio to identify and explore additional indications to investigate with our current portfolio of compounds and to acquire additional product candidates.